Helpful Dental InformationCarlsbad, CA
At CarlsbaDDS Pediatric Smiles, we are passionate about oral health and ensuring that our Carlsbad, CA patients have the resources they need to maintain healthy teeth for a lifetime. As a rule of thumb, this demands ongoing preventative dental care. Having children maintain healthy teeth also requires education, to help them become aware of the dental solutions and what they can do to stay healthy at home. Here, we have provided some helpful dental information on oral health. We encourage you to find the section you are interested in and read more details on our website. If you have further questions, call our pediatric dental office at (760) 730-3456.
- Dental Anxiety
- Dental anxiety impacts millions of people. If your child is afraid of visiting the dentist or has extreme anxiety when it is time to visit the dentist, let us know. There are sedation options that can help your child to relax, and medication that can keep your child comfortable during the entire procedure.
- Options for Replacing Missing Teeth
- If your child has lost permanent teeth from an accident, you are not alone. Children can lose teeth from various forms of accidents or from poor dental hygiene. CarlsbaDDS Pediatric Smiles, can provide your child with a variety of solutions to benefit their oral health.
- Oral Hygiene Basics
- At CarlsbaDDS Pediatric Smiles, we are passionate about patient education. We will take the time to show your child how to brush and floss properly, when you visit our dental office. We recommend that your child brushes his or her teeth, two to three times a day using fluoride toothpaste for two minutes at a time. This will help to keep your childâ€™s teeth clean and healthy; when also combined with daily flossing. Your child should still visit our Carlsbad office, for professional teeth cleanings twice per year.
- Preventative Dental Care
- Preventative dental care is vital to maintaining lifelong oral health. When providing patients with helpful dental information, we always recommend regular teeth cleanings, fluoride treatments and dental sealants. These three things can work together to reduce the likelihood of your child developing cavities. At CarlsbaDDS Pediatric Smiles, we can create a preventative dental care plan for your family.
Check out what others are saying about our pediatric dental services on Yelp: Helpful Dental Information Carlsbad
Back to top of Helpful Dental Information
Making sure your child undergoes a dental checkup for kids regularly is important for ensuring their continued oral health and avoiding the onset or exacerbation of dental problems. These visits allow the dentist to monitor a child's oral health, teach good oral hygiene practices, and address any problems promptly.Parents may have questions regarding their children's…
A special needs dentist treats patients with orofacial disorders and physical, mental, developmental, cognitive, emotional, and sensory disabilities. Patients with special needs may encounter difficulties with dental care that are easily missed. The patient may, for instance, find it hard to lay flat in the dental chair. They may need more emotional support during routine…
Many parents neglect early cavity treatment for kids, as they may feel that it is not essential because the child’s teeth will eventually fall out and be replaced by permanent teeth, anyway. However, diagnosing and treating cavities in kids as early as possible is incredibly important. In this review, we discuss the reasons that early…
According to a kids dentist, many parents are unsure as to which toothbrush and toothpaste their child should use. Going to a store and looking at the wide selection available can be overwhelming. In this review, we offer advice from our kids dentist as to how parents can ensure that their child has the right…